This SportBooking.run Contract (the “Agreement”) is entered into between SportBooking.run (collectively, ” SportBooking.run “, “we” or “us“) at 1542 Tyler street, Hollywood Florida, FL 33020, and the race organization, individual, or commercial, non-profit or government entity which is described in Section 1 below (collectively, the” Owner“, “you” or “your“). SportBooking.run agrees to provide registration and related services for your event (the “Race”), subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Overview and Scope. Our online race registration platform enables the provision of various technology-based services for race directors, sponsoring organizations, timers, race participants, running clubs and other individuals and entities managing running and other endurance events. This Agreement is entered into between SportBooking.run and the Owner of the Race or club which/who is duly authorized to receive the registration fees, donations, membership fees and any and all other payments which are processed and collected for the Race through the use of our Services. You represent that you are the Owner or its authorized representative and have the requisite authority to enter into this Agreement and receive all the above.
- Services. Our proprietary, web-based system provides you with the capability to facilitate online registration, collect associated payments and/or donations, post and monitor results, manage promotions and enable other technology (collectively, the “Services“, which includes the software and related technology which we make remotely available for your access and use via the web) in connection with your Race. The Services are made available to you through our website SportBooking.run (“Site”).
- License, Restrictions and Intellectual Property Rights.
- We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to you to use the Services on a time-bounded basis for the subscription period specified in the “Term and Termination” provision below. You may use the Services (and you shall ensure that your Authorized Users use the Services) solely in support of your particular Race and solely for the purposes for which they were designed.
- You may only grant access to the Services to your employees and third party contractors who you authorize to use the Services in support of the operations of your Race and who are bound by the confidentiality, limited use, intellectual property and other applicable conditions and restrictions of this Agreement (“Authorized Users“). You shall be responsible and liable to ensure that each such employee and contractor complies with the terms of this Agreement.
- We retain all right, title and interest in and to the Services (including, without limitation, the underlying software and technology, along with the features, functions, design, “look and feel”, graphics, branding, design and other content) and in and to the associated documentation and materials, and in all related intellectual property and derivative works, including all know-how, methods and processes, as well as all related technology and all content (other than your posted Content), will belong solely and exclusively to SportBooking.run. In addition to the other restrictions and limitations set forth herein, you agree that, except as expressly authorized hereunder in connection with your use of the Services and site, you shall treat our intellectual property as confidential information and shall not disclose or distribute it, in whole or in part.
- Nothing in this Agreement prevents you from using another registration provider or discontinuing use of the Services without penalty during the term of the Agreement.
- Information We Collect ; Information Security
- In the course of providing the Services, we will collect certain information as follows:
- From individuals using the Site and registering for Races and Clubs through the Site, we may collect their name, address, email address, gender, data of birth, phone number and other information, which we will store on our site as a profile (collectively, “Profile Data“).
iii. We will not use Race Data to market races or other services directly to participants and we will not share or sell Race Data to other races or advertisers.
- We will collect and verify information from you, including your name, address, date of birth, tax identification number and other information that will allow us to identify you. We will also collect and verify information about the entity that will receive the proceeds from the account if an entity will receive the proceeds (collectively, “Owner Data“). The Owner Data is required to satisfy various regulatory, credit card network, underwriting and “know your customer” requirements and guidelines for approving the payment account and to prevent funding terrorism and money laundering.
- The Profile Data, Race Data and Owner Data may be collectively referred to as “Collected Data“.
- You shall maintain, and shall ensure that your Authorized Users maintain, the confidentiality of your user name, password and other account information (collectively, “Account Information“), which enables access and use of the Services. You shall maintain the confidentiality of your Account Information and be solely responsible for any unauthorized disclosure or use of such Account Information, along with any ensuing liability for any harm or damages caused thereby.
- You shall be solely responsible and liable for, and shall indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from, any liability or damages or harm of any kind incurred or alleged to have been incurred by any individual or entity which arises out, relates to of or is connected with any actions or omissions of you or any Authorized User which is based upon or results in the unauthorized access to, disclosure of, or breach of security or integrity regarding any information accessed, uploaded, provided, generated processed, utilized, stored or otherwise handled including but not limited to Race Data in connection with this Agreement.
- Content You Post.
- You, may choose to post, upload, publish, submit, display or transmit data, text, images, recordings, materials, logos, marks or other content on or through the Services or the Site “Custom Content”). You may not post any content that infringes the intellectual property rights of another party. For clarity, Collected Data and credit card information (which are addressed in Sections 3 and 6 above) are not considered Custom Content.
- You (on behalf of your organization, each Authorized User and each member or participant, as applicable) hereby grant to SportBooking.run a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable license to use, display, reproduce, distribute, modify and transmit, in digital or printed form, all Custom Content in connection with the implementation and promotion of the Services and the promotion of your Race. However, we may also use your name, logo and/or other marks for the purpose of listing your organization as a user of our Services on our promotional materials (including on our Site). We agree to discontinue such use of your name or marks, which we have inserted or posted in our promotional materials within ten (10) days of your written request. You represent and warrant that, to the extent that any Custom Content is owned by a third party, the owner has granted you the necessary rights to effectuate the license granted to us above.
- You agree that we may de-personalize (remove any personally identifying information protected under applicable law) and aggregate any data, information or content which we collect, handle, store, process or otherwise access in connection with our provision of Services (including data and content which you provide or post) to perform analytics, improve and market the Services, or for any other business or commercial purpose. We shall have no obligation or liability in connection with the use of any of data, information or content, which we de-personalize, unless and to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Fees. Option 1: Each online registrant using our Services will pay the registration fee charged by you plus a fee for processing such registrations (a “Processing Fee”), which is calculated and charged per transaction at 6% of Checkout Total. Option 2: You can decide to make the participant pay no processing fee; you will then be charged 4% of Checkout Total.
- Taxes. You will be solely responsible for and will pay any and all use, excise, sales and privilege taxes, duties, value added taxes, fees, assessments or similar liabilities however denominated and chargeable by a governmental authority as a result of any transactions, registrations or any other service or deliverable provided under this Agreement excluding taxes on SportBooking.run ‘s net income.
- Refunds to participant – You shall exclusively and directly be liable for and handle refunds. If run, for any reason has to handle refunds or chargebacks on your behalf You will be liable to SportBooking.run for the registration proceeds refunded to participants for Your Race as well as any applicable SportBooking.run processing fees for the original registration and refund and any fees from the credit card brands or processors to process the chargebacks. SportBooking.run has no service that helps you process refunds, if you wish to refund participant, please use your own payment method directly to the participant.
- run reserves the right to withhold payments from a Race or Race owner if there are complaints from registrants or repeated chargebacks or if a Race has been cancelled and there are not sufficient funds available for refunds. SportBooking.run may require a holdback from some Races based on the newness of the Race or newness of the registration history with SportBooking.run or based on SportBooking.run’s internal underwriting review of the creditworthiness of the Owner Data submitted for the Race Payment Account. SportBooking.run reserves the right to withhold and deduct payment from a Race or Race Owner for chargebacks that are processed against the Race. SportBooking.run will release any Race holdbacks after a Race has been completed and it is determined that there are no additional refunds or chargebacks to be processed for that Race.
- Payment of Registration Fees (payouts). You will receive the payment of your race registration fees on a monthly base directly from our payment sytem supplier “Stripe”. In connection with our collection of fees in the provision of our Services, you agree as follows: (i) we may send registration fees collected by us, minus our Processing Fees, directly to you via the methods identified in Fees above and you warrant that you are an authorized representative of the Owner in this regard and (ii) you shall indemnify us for any claims, loss or expenses (including attorney’s fees) brought by the Owner or any other individual, entity or organization that relates to or arises from our payment of funds to you (including a claim that we wrongfully paid such funds to you and should have paid a different individual, entity or organization).
- Termination. This Agreement will remain in effect until terminated in accordance with its terms. Either party may terminate this Agreement upon written notice if the other party is in material breach and fails, within thirty (30) days of receipt of written notice of the breach, to correct the breach. In addition, SportBooking.run may immediately deactivate, suspend or terminate your use of the Services for your Race or club, or delist any SportBooking.run -provided website, if you misuse the Services or the Site in violation of the terms hereof, including Section 4 above or if SportBooking.run is unable to approve your Payment Account for processing or continued processing now or in the future in our sole discretion, based on our internal underwriting guidelines. SportBooking.run may also terminate this Agreement, and your access to and use of the Services and Site(s), at any time after your Race is completed (or, as applicable, cancelled), with or without cause, upon written notice to you, but, unless you have misused the Services or the Site in a fraudulent or other improper manner, you shall then have the right to retrieve your data in accordance with the terms below. Upon termination, all rights (including rights to access and use the Services and Site) and obligations shall automatically terminate and you shall promptly return all proprietary information and materials of ours to us. You agree that, following termination or expiration hereof, we may maintain your data and content (including Collected Data and Custom Content) in accordance with our then-current backup, retention and data retention policies and for the ongoing purposes authorized herein. Upon request within one (1) year after termination, we will make available to you (via electronic download or such other method pursuant to our then-standard practices) your content and data which remains in our possession. After such one-year period, we may, without obligation to do so, delete any or all of your data and/or content without liability.
You may discontinue use of the Services at any time without penalty and without notice to SportBooking.run.
- Representations and Warranties and Associated Disclaimers. Each party represents and warrants that it has the necessary and full right, power, authority and capability to enter into this Agreement and to perform its obligations hereunder; that it owns or controls the rights granted or licensed to the other party herein; that the execution and performance of its obligations under this Agreement will not violate any known rights of any third party, any contractual commitments or any applicable federal, state and local law or regulation; and that the marks, logos and intellectual property licensed to the other party herein do not violate the proprietary rights of a third party.
Except for the warranties expressly provided herein, the services and the site are provided “as is” and each party disclaims all other warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Without limitation, sportbooking.run expressly disclaims any warranty, representation, comittment or liability: (i) that the use of the services, the site, the content thereon or any associated intellectual property will be uninterrupted or error free or that the operation or use thereof will meet your requirements; (ii) regarding any websites (including third party website for which a link is provided from our service or site), technology, solutions or other products or services (including payment gateways and data vaults) provided or made available by third parties; and (iii). Regarding the accuracy of any information or content that you post or access through the services or the site. You are solely responsible for all aspects of the race or club, including with respect to all data and content which you post or share.
- Indemnification. We will defend, indemnify and hold you harmless from and against any damages, losses, and costs that directly arise out of a claim brought by a third party (i) which alleges that the Services (in the form which we make them available to you) infringe a third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right enforceable in the United States; (ii) seeking damages resulting from the unauthorized disclosure of credit card information or other personal information (where “personal information” means personally identifiable information (PII) which is protected under applicable law) hereunder to the extent such damages are caused by our breach of data security measures which we commit to undertake in this Agreement. As a condition of our indemnity obligation, you must promptly notify us of any such claim; grant us sole control of the defense and settlement of any such claim; and cooperate with us to facilitate our ability to settle or defend the claim. In the event of a covered infringement claim, we will endeavor to obtain for you the right to continue using the Services, or to replace or modify the Services so that they are not infringing and materially similar. If these alternatives are not commercially reasonable, we will notify you and terminate the Services. We shall have no indemnity obligations to you if the infringement claim is caused by your misuse of the Services, or Your use of the Services in combination with unauthorized products or services. These are our exclusive obligations with respect to infringement of intellectual property right and unathorized disclosure of credit card information and PII.
You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless SportBooking.run and its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, contractors and agents (collectively, the ” SportBooking.run Indemnities”), against any damages, losses and costs that directly arise out of a claim brought by a third party (including an individual, entity or organization): (i) which alleges that your data, content or other information or materials infringes a third party’s copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property right enforceable in the United States; (ii) seeking damages for the unauthorized disclosure of Race Data or personally identifiable data by you or an Authorized User as a result of a breach of a warranty, covenant or obligation hereunder; (iii) which arises out of or is caused by a misuse of the Services by you or any of your Authorized Users in violation of the usage or licensing restrictions and/or prohibitions set forth in this Agreement; (iv) which is based on injury, harm or other damage to, or a dispute over payments made or refunds requested by, a participant, volunteer, sponsoring organization, entity or support resource involved in any Race or (as applicable) any of your club’s running activities; (v) which arises from your breach of a representation or warranty provided hereunder (including, by way of example and not limitation, a claim brought by a third party provider of online race management and/or registration services due to your breach of a representation or warranty in Section 12 above) or (vi) which is brought by a timer, event organizer, race director or other organization (other than the Owner which is entering into this Agreement) and is based on or arises out of the Services, the use of the Site or other matters related to your Race or event.
- Limitation on liability. In no event shall sportbooking.run be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages, including any lost profits or lost revenue, arising out of or in connection with this agreement. In no event will the liability of sportbooking.run under this agreement exceed the amount of processing fees collected and retained by us for your race for the six (6) month period preceding the date of the initial claim asserted against us hereunder. The remedies provided in this agreement are exclusive, shall apply to all causes of action (including negligence) and shall apply regardless of the failure of essential purposes of any limited remedy and even if a party has been advised of the possibility of such liabilities. Nothing set forth above shall limit our obligation to pay undisputed fees properly due to you under this agreement.
- Independent Contractor Relationship; No Third-Party Beneficiaries. The parties are independent contractors and nothing contained in this Agreement will be construed to create an association, trust, partnership, agency or joint venture between the parties. Except as expressly set forth herein, this Agreement does not and is not intended to confer any rights or remedies, express or implied, upon any person other than the parties hereto.
- Assignment. You may not assign or transfer any part of this Agreement without the prior written consent of SportBooking.run. We may assign this Agreement to an affiliate or in connection with a merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets or a controlling interest in our stock, but will endeavor to provide notice of such assignment as soon as practicable after it occurs.
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable to the other for any failure to perform any of its obligations under this Agreement during any period in which performance is delayed by circumstances not within such party’s reasonable control, such as a natural disaster, act of war or terrorism, government action, labor disruption, internet outages or interruptions or power outages. Notwithstanding the above, the terms and conditions of Sections 9(iii) and 9(iv) shall continue to remain in full force and effect despite the occurrence of a force majeure event. Additionally, Owners shall remain financially responsible to participants and/or SportBooking.run as applicable for any refunds and chargebacks necessitated by a Force Majeure event that causes a cancellation or interruption of a Race for which Services have been provided under this Agreement.
- Compliance with Laws. Each of us shall abide by all applicable laws and regulations, including those addressing data security and export controls, regarding our exercise of rights and performance of obligations under this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement; Severability; Waiver. This Agreement is the entire agreement between You and SportBooking.run with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all prior oral and written understandings, communications or agreements between you and us regarding that subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this Agreement will be valid or binding unless it is in writing and executed by authorized representatives of both parties. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the provision will be stricken or modified and the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and will not be terminated. A waiver of any default is not a waiver of any subsequent default. All waivers must be in writing to be effective.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The laws of the State of New Jersey shall govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement and any dispute arising out of or related hereto, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. The parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New Jersey with respect to any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement.
- Notices. All notices must be in writing and shall be sent by first class U.S. mail or a nationally known express or overnight courier (such as FedEx, UPS or the U.S. Postal Service). Notices to us shall be sent to our main address as listed on our website and, for each notice, a copy shall also be sent to Our CFO. Notice to You may be sent to your address set forth in the Agreement. Notices shall be deemed given upon receipt thereof.